FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: Luggage, Baggage, Bag and Bags
Old Jul 27, 2004, 10:52 pm
travel gal

Angry Delta baggage problem

Last March, as my family and I flew to SLC from Atlanta for our annual spring break ski trip Delta lost our luggage. Unfortunately, a lesson learned now, I packed all our ski things in one big bag. This included all our clothes, goggles,hats gloves etc. I reported the loss when we got off the plane and they assured me that they rarely lose luggage, gave me a claim number and a 1 800 number to call to check the status. Well , of course the didn't find our bag until June. In the meantime, we had to hurry out and buy new things so as to not spoil our trip. Everytime I call the 800 number they they would allot us $22 a person to rent ski clothes. I tried to tell them you cant rent ski clothes and that I wasn't talking about ski euipment but they didn't understand. I'm sure I was calling Bombay, India or at least that's what it sounded like. Very frustrated. I figured I'd resolve this when I got home. I filed the claim, sent copies of all my receipts and sent it certified mail. To this day, they haven't paid me and I must have called them 20 times. I always get the runaround. Each time,again, i was sure i was talking to someone in Bombay. Sure, They did find my luggage 3 months later, but it did me little good. Does anyone know what the rules are and who I can complain to. Can they return your luggage after such a long time and not reimburse you for anything. Also, I've also asked where its been and they can't tell me that either. Please help!