FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zagreb {HRV}
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:24 am
adobbing

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by aleant
The best (easiest) way is taxi. But, if you take a car located at the airport, it should be in the range 200-300 HRK (27-40€). I don't know exact price because I never use them, they are too expensive (they charge way more than companies from the city of Zagreb when they take you to the airport). Other option is Uber, should be around 100HRK (~15€). Croatia had changed regulation regarding taxis this year, so currently I don't know what is the status of Zagreb companies (Eko taksi, Cammeo, Radio Taxi Zagreb) to pick-up passengers from the terminal. (taxify also offers service in Zagreb, but did not use them yet, so can't tell anything about them)

Another option is to take a bus, Croatia Airlines buses are parked when you exit the terminal building, and they are going to the main bus station. Price is 30HRK (~4€) per person. The main bus station is 700 meters from the hotel, and I recommend you to walk the distance. You can take a tram (numbers 2/4/6, northbound direction from the tram station at main bus station), but since there is no tram station in front of your hotel, you will end up walking, but this time half of the distance (+ time you spend waiting for tram and buying ticket). Tram tickets are 15 HRK (~2€) in the vehicle, or 4 HRK (~0.6€) in kiosks around city (ask for half-hour ticket).

I usually use Uber or Croatia Airlines bus.

Not recommended (but cheapest) option is to go by public transportation (ZET company - running buses and trams in Zagreb). Bus 290 stops at the road in front of the terminal building.Their frequencies are very low (1 bus every 35 min), and it would take you transfer at Heinzelova street bus stop, where you should take tram number 2 going westbound (direction Črnomerec) and you should exit at Branimirova street (just after you pass the main bus station). Overall price for that would be 10 HRK (~1,5€) per person if you buy your ticket at the Tisak store in the airport building. This time ask for 90-minute ticket. My estimate that this trip would take you an hour...
Thanks for response!

A bit of an update;

Contacted the hotel direct on [email protected]

Response was;

“I would like to take this opportunity to offer our hotel transfer from the airport at the discounted price for Hilton Honours members of 170 HRK (approximately 23 EUR) between the hours 6:00 and 22:00 for maximum 3 people. Our premium cars are equipped with wi-fi and bottled water and are driven by English speaking drivers.”

When I tried to book it with them I was told that they were busy and couldn’t do, however was offered a taxi from Eko Taxi at an agreed rate of 150 KN.
Opted for that and driver met us in arrivals hall, journey about 20 minutes from airport and driver took payment by MasterCard. Some sort of offer with Eko Taxi and Mastercard offering 20% discount on future trips, I think linked to downloading their iPhone app.

Hotel is good, only open since November 2nd and is just down the street from Sheraton. Tram stop is directly beneath our window, but noise insulation seems good.

Will probably try and set up a separate thread and post some pictures!

Last edited by adobbing; Dec 10, 2018 at 5:30 am