FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:05 am
UAflyer93

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
I had a disastrous experience a couple months ago — the worst hotel stay in recent memory — that finally got escalated to the GM. In the end, he was very apologetic and did his best to make it right to me but I was very clear with him that I didn't want to be bought off with points or special treatment — he asked that I book my stays through him moving forward — if it didn't mean that they would improve treatment for ALL clientele.

PHNY is by no means a cheap hotel. It's absolutely tacky that they refuse upgrade Globalists and try to push $100 upgrades at check-in instead. And it's tacky that they "accidentally" leave random charges on your bill at check out.

While I like Hyatt in general, they really need to up their New York hotel game. The only Hyatt I enjoy staying at is the Andaz 5th (if in a library-facing room), but its public spaces are severely lacking. PHNY has good bones and potential, but the views (with a few exception) are rather depressing and the service more 4* than the price suggests.

With the NY Edition (and soon to open Times Square Edition), I think I'll be doing many more NYC nights with Marriott.