FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:22 am
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Do believe a GM should listen even if they don't react or do anything about it
I believe Hyatt has allowed for the serious downgrades to both Andaz properties,Grand Hyatt NY Club overcrowding under staffing removal of all bottled water from clubs etc
They have this mentality do whatever we wish that makes economic sense and they will likely come anyway.The destination fee is living proof of it

I was at Herald Square once and thought the breakfast was surprisingly good for such a small hotel.They did seem to care and while I wouldn't say 5 star by any stretch however they exceeded my expectation based on a small reasonably priced property
The rooms are quite tight to be polite but I booked a suite and it was lovely.I think it was the only one they had and I was told they won't upgrade Globalists due to limited inventory so I didn't go back

Though the Grand Hyatt New York was an absolute zoo(organized chaos) I had a reasonably good breakfast in the club (when you could get a seat )and the restaurant
They generously upgraded me into a great suite on the second day of my stay
I'm at the point where I am no longer thinking Hyatt in New York as much except on occasion and when cost effective but certainly most everywhere else outside of NYC def Hyatt
I doubt I will do 90 nights again next year as there are to many problems with quality control in NYC and with 75% bonus with the new Marriott Program VS 30% globalist
Hyatt is really going to have to improve breakfast and or reward more accordingly
Its finally dawned on me its not how many free nights you earn but the quality of the experience.Not sure why NYC where the greatest food on earth exists Hyatt is taking such chances
Think of it like this the former Park Hyatt NYC which is now a Hilton UN Plaza I paid 150 dollars to 200 dollars a night this year and the breakfast in the restaurant
was vastly superior to the Park Hyatt NYC and complimentary as a Diamond
Impressive.
I've had the same non-reaction from a fellow flagship PH GM in APAC. Their PHs will continue to make money but, just, not from me ever again.

Herald Square is just basically just a room in Koreatown. No one will be putting it in the Luxury Forum but it's feasible for 1 night. The breakfast was a nice, pleasant surprise.

I've swung towards former SPG in the StR and Chatwal and hoping Marriott doesn't screw them up too badly. They were great earlier this Fall. Everything the NYC Hyatts aren't.