FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Specific Plane details?
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:08 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by TheotherJames
I can't seem to locate specific tail numbers on my reservations, is there a way to locate that prior to flight?
Can I view the last time a plane was in maintenance or how long its been in service?
Usually about 2-3 days out at most, you can plug your flight number in at flightradar24.com and get an N-Number (or whatever registration from most other countries). However, those aircraft are always subject to last minute change.

Sorry, can't help you on aircraft maintenance history but I suspect most airlines would not be overtly forthcoming in providing such information to anyone other than qualified individuals from within the industry.

I should add if you want to find out how old an airplane is, just plug the registration number into a site like airfleets.net. You'll get a full-on history of the aircraft as to first flight, delivery date, prior operators, etc. Here are a couple of links:

To obtain Aircraft Registration Numbers

To display individual aircraft history

Last edited by Seat 2A; Dec 10, 2018 at 7:24 pm Reason: Additional helpful information