FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:56 pm
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I think they were just out of order (rather, the call buttons did not work -- the elevators themselves worked fine) but given the "feel" of the hotel it wouldn't surprise me if they were just skimping on maintenance and putting it off as long as possible. Also the maintenance people seemed totally baffled by the problem... declaring it fixed, only to have it stop working an hour later.

I still need to find a "go-to" Hyatt in NY. I wasn't particularly impressed with the Grand Hyatt in Grand Central station either (although, I did like more the Andaz Wall St). I ended up eating breakfast elsewhere as well since the lounge food was so bad. Probably I just need to look to more expensive properties... $250-$300 / night in manhattan is not going to get you the same quality as it gets you elsewhere. Maybe I should just be buying points and using them for the Park Hyatt... I don't know. Too bad the point purchase limit is so low
You should try 5th Avenue, perhaps?

I'd never pay a cash rate for PH but it can be a decent redemption for points.