FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:27 am
bomax

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Is this for new signups?

Because curent T&Cs say: "During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. (B/U mine) Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date."

The Main Benefits page does say "Upon renewal of your Card, enjoy $250 in Hilton Resort Credits each year when you stay at a participating resorts within the Hilton portfolio.‡" However, when you click more and see terms, you get the above.

EDIT: I just checked out terms on a new offer page and they are the same as above, so I believe the Amex CSR was wrong.
You are totally right. The language on the Main Benefits page indicates only renewal years (which is what the CSR and I were reading from) but the actual T&Cs are clear that you get it the first year as well.

I also noticed that if using a referral, the language on the Main Benefits page reverts to indicate it includes the first year. Not sure what’s going on but in any case seems that the credit still applies in all years.

Thanks for checking into this. I signed up for the card.

Last edited by bomax; Dec 9, 2018 at 11:02 am