FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Breakfast at 830 AM, lunch at 530 PM — why?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:44 am
Passmethesickbag

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Egoldstein
I think they should shift the main meal to the first meal, and make it a brunch/lunch rather than breakfast. This would have a full drinks run prior to the meal, meal, tea and coffee service; then have a small snack box mid-flight; and then serve the small meal/hot breakfast before landing. I also dislike the compressed time for the small meal on BA long haul. Even if it is a light meal/breakfast, I feel it is rushed and they run out of time for coffee/tea and proper clearing of trays.
The flight lands at 1910 JNB time and 1710 LHR time, so serving breakfast before landing doesn't make sense. BA is operating the day flight for a few hours a week during our winter. As (unlike most passengers) I was able to have a nice breakfast in the lounge, I would personally have preferred your concept, but that's neither here nor there. I'm perfectly OK with them not developing a different menu for the occcasional little 787 shuttling 214 people and using the same one as they've already got organised for the 938 passengers travelling every night on A380s. I just don't want them to pretend it's night and we need to sleep, when it's day, and passengers are neither sleep deprived nor jet lagged.

Last edited by Passmethesickbag; Dec 9, 2018 at 7:56 am