FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:12 am
pallhedge

Originally Posted by Vivek Chaurasiya
I have Chase freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred. I have around 100K points in Preferred. I talked to customer care and I was told I can apply a new Chase Sapphire "Reserve" with 50K bonus and it has to be a new application. Also since I already have Preferred, I cant have a new one unless I degrade Preferred.

So i was planning to move my points from Preferred to Freedom, degrade Preferred to a normal card, wait for sometime like a month and then apply for Reserve. Once Reserve comes, I will move those 100K points to the new card.

Is this plan OK? Basically I want to get the new customer 50K bonus points from Reserve and close my Preferred.
Here's your plan:
  1. As Phil wrote above, ensure that it's been at least 48 months since you got your CS Preferred signup bonus. If not, you can stop here as you're not eligible to be approved for a CS Reserve
  2. Downgrade your CSP to a 2nd Freedom or a Freedom Unlimited. You don't need to move any points first, your CSP UR points will stay with this card.
  3. Wait a week, then you can apply for CSR. Once you are approved and the card is in your account, you can combine points from your other Freedom cards onto the new CSR.
Good luck!