FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will HON ground service take care of me? Delayed inbound into FRA
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:16 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MichielR
Due to a delayed inbound, parked at the Eastern end of FRA by the highway. Doors opened 5 minutes before scheduled departure of my connecting flight. The LH staff said they would try and get me to my flight, but my bagage might not make it, they advised. Anyway, after the usual platform tour and the quick stop at the RDS passport booth, I made it, as the last pax. I was on board 5 minutes after scheduled departure, having had to climb the outside spiral staircase (elevator was already locked) and board through the rear bridge as the front bridge had already been disconnected.
Reminds me of my experience on Christmas Day some years ago. My inbound flight was late and parked near Kelsterbach 2 minutes before scheduled departure of my connecting flight from C - my first time on A380 in 1A! Cabin crew told me a car would drive me directly to my connecting flight as they knew its departure was delayed. Arriving from the UK no security or passport check was necessary although I had to enter the terminal to have my BP scanned.

Due to a misplaced pushback truck the departure was delayed by some 50 minutes but my luggage did not make it. On arrival in NRT an ANA employee with a clipboard was waiting for me to take down details of my bag as we walked to immigration. They must have put my bag on a later ANA flight as it was delivered to where I was staying on the outskirts of Tokyo later that afternoon!

The service worked even for a Cessna HON™