FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Water Issues at a Hotel (General Discussion)
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:21 pm
mindrisa

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Water Issues at a Hotel (General Discussion)

I had a recent stay at a hotel and the second morning (Wednesday) I went to take a shower there was an issue with the water pressure (see video below). It was nearly impossible to shower due to this. I was in a rush to get to work and didn't have time to go to a different room even if it was offered. On my way past the front desk I asked if the whole hotel was having an issue with water pressure or just my room. I was told it was the whole hotel and engineers were on the roof looking into it. I returned to the hotel that evening and the water pressure was fine. The next morning (Thursday) it was fine as well and when checking out, I mentioned the issue to the lady at the front desk and showed her the video. She asked what time this occurred and I let her know it was about 7:00am. She stated that sometimes happens when the hotel is sold out and offered me points. I asked how many and she said she is only authorized to give me 1,200 points. I asked her to have a manager call me instead as that was not acceptable. I have not received a call back from the manager and I left a voicemail this morning on the manager's line but haven't heard back.

What are your thoughts on what should be offered? I do not expect the stay to be free, or even one night to be fully compensated, but I do expect more than 1,200 points.