FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I know its a first world problem, but how can I stop this happening?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:50 pm
ilcannone

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
The OP alluded to the nature of the problem being 'first world'. In that context the post seems perfectly reasonable. Paying for a service that includes a featured champagne means that it should be delivered (or an acceptable substitute of similar value). It is not an issue of entitlement but reasonable expectation. Companies failing to deliver what they promise should be held to account.
I'm fully aware it was made clear about being a 'first-world problem', but that still doesn't make it any less entitled. Like I've said, those who are able to fly in premium classes are already more fortunate than the average Joe and FT members really need to bear in mind that they are the lucky few who are able to do so, be it for work, leisure, luck, whatever.

Also, as I've said, it was never clear if the OP referred to just a specific champagne being unavailable with others on offer or not. If this is the case, then it is pure entitlement in my opinion. If it was a case of absolutely nothing being on board, then perhaps there is still a SMALL case, but really, again, in my opinion, nothing really complaint-worthy. One should be thankful for what they have rather than complain about what they don't have.