FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
bisonrav

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Not quite DYKWIA, but amusing in a similar vein. On a flight back from a day trip to Geneva today, in ET, row 7. A male/female couple decided to self-upgrade to the back of CE, big couple, all bling and gilt medallions. About four minutes later they were clocked by the CSD who politely but firmly sent them back to row 25 or whatever it was they were in.

So that was that, or so I thought.

Then we landed, taxied to a remote stand, engines whirred and whined down, seatbelt lights still on, and the same couple came haring down the aisle past me at very high speed. A fraction of a second later the seatbelt light came on and had they been slightly less Usain Boltish they would have gone arse over tit over me as I stood up to open the overhead. As it was they hit the back of CE standing up and ground to a satisfying halt.

The flight was in early, so this wasn't likely to be a tight or late connection. Seemed just to be a inflated sense of self importance and maybe wanting to get to the passport gates quickly. The funny thing was that the remote stand put us right at the extreme end of the terminal, so it took everyone a long time to get back.