FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Option to switch to earlier flight
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:51 am
HighFlyingKiwi

Programs: Air New Zealand
So a few weeks back, I went to check in for a flight back to NPL via WLG. I was quite early, but with business done and nothing else to do, I thought I would just hang in the lounge for a bit. The Check In kiosk said that it was unable to check in me in and please report to a CSA. She brought up my booking and said that would I like to go via Auckland leaving in 25mins and get home nearly 2hrs earlier. Yes, yes I would.

done and done it was up to the lounge. It was a SLOW board, and we took off late, and then we had to circle around for a while due to traffic in Auckland. Upshot, we landed in Auckland 20mins after the departure of the flight to NPL. I got a text to say I had missed my flight and to call or see a Air NZ rep. I headed down the Regional Gates and got the ladies there to look into it. The only other flight to New Plymouth was full, so I would have to go tomorrow at midday. They said they would organize a hotel and dinner ect. Nope, I wanted to be home that night, I had a appointment at 9am the next morning that I couldn't miss for love or money. I was prepared to rent a car and drive back that night if I had too.

The lady at the Regional Desk was amazing, credit to her. She told me to wait in the Regional Lounge for a bit, and she would do her best. About a hour later, she came through and waved a boarding pass to NPL that night at me. What a star! Albeit arriving back in NPL 2.5hrs after my original flight haha

So I will be mindful in the future when I get offered earlier flights as to the connection times ect before I leap in and accept. The stress was real for a while there!