FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lies about overhead bins and capacity at LGA
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:09 am
autdi

Originally Posted by Gig103
Don't get me wrong, I totally get why you wouldn't want to check a bag. It's never the time at the carousel for me though, it's more about when my contents are critical. I still carry-on prior to cruises since I don't know how good service recovery is on a delayed bag when I'm in a different country every few days. And if I was a road warrior, those 20 minutes per airport would add up I'm sure.

Never saw a widebody on a domestic run though! That's interesting
It's really not the wait, that's trivial in comparison to having to find a store, and buy new clothes for a meeting. I had only a carry-on, my colleague had checked a bag for a 1 week international trip through 4 destinations, basically a meeting, then back on a plane every day. As you guessed, bag didn't show at stop 1, he had to shop, then bag missed stop 2, shop again. It finally shows up the last day of the trip, after basically chasing us around Europe all week. Fortunately, he had enough room to pack home an entire second set of clothes. That's a week without strikes, which would only contribute to the problem, as by day 3 we started wondering if they would give up and just ship it back to the US instead.