FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGL Thanks all.
Thread: GGL Thanks all.
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:37 am
tinkicker

Programs: BA Gold
GGL Thanks all.

Well as it's end of the BAEC year (if not quite the actual year) I just thought I'd say thanks to everyone for the advice, help and general cheerfulness on here. It really does help make travel a bit easier and the advice has helped me avoid significant mis-steps. Weirdly I think this site (and this sub-forum) acts as a great advert for BA as you know you'll get, if not help, then virtual tea and sympathy here if it all goes wrong!

I made it just over the GGL line for the first time with four days to spare having schlepped some 180,000 miles in 60 flights with just over 16 days airborne and (slightly worryingly) having spent in the region of £5 a TP. A couple of pre-planned Ex-EU to Oz trips being £2 a TP meaning some must have been very bad 'value' indeed! All on work related travel so constraints on times and dates made them more expensive than perhaps it could have been but there we are. On the up side I had no real delays (90 mins on an ex-eu connection being the worst), no lost bags, no missed connections.

Anyhow, thanks again and if work keeps me travelling next year I look forward to seeing some of you in the Concorde Room.