FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Riots in Paris
Thread: Riots in Paris
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:49 pm
Yahillwe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by east_west
I'm also deciding whether to cancel a France trip in the coming week.

Any news about issues in/around CDG? Any highway closures (A3/A5/A6) or difficulties getting fuel? How about secondary/tertiary cities like Dijon or Beaune?
Please don't. The manifestations are ONLY on Saturdays. Not the rest of the week. Sunday things are going back to normal. So on Saturday, if you are in Paris, put your feet up, drink some wine, have some cheese and watch movies. It will be cold and rainy, so relax. Sunday, do whatever you want.

There really isn't any danger of being physically attacked, they do building etc damage but not human.

Originally Posted by ShopAround
I've spent Christmas week in Paris almost every year for the past six years. After the November 2015 attack, friends suggested I cancel. I said no. This year, again friends are saying I should cancel. Again, I said no. It would take a lot more than a protest to keep me from one of my favorite cities but I am a native New Yorker and was raised to be both tough and cautious. I am counting the days until I'm back in Paris. :-)

Am glad that you love my little beautiful town. If you come here this year, let's have a drink.