FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I know its a first world problem, but how can I stop this happening?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:11 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ antipest

My advice (FWIW !!) revolves around four points :

1. Yes, take a few minutes to write to whomsoever you think might be a relevant sounding board within BA for your feelings and sense of disappointment ; but do so in the full knowledge that you are unlikely to receive anything constructive, reassuring, or useful, by way of response.

2. Look beyond BA - or even beyond OW alliance members, depending on your own needs & priorities - and consider putting some or all of your future custom with another carrier/s ; airlines where a much higher quality of First class travel can be experienced. This applies to both hard & soft product, including overall service standards. A quick trawl through the archives of this BAEC sub-forum and various other fora here on FT, and elsewhere, will give a wider, interesting perspective.

3. Above all, manage your expectations ahead of any premium cabin flight (regardless of airline), and accept that the picture painted in marketing & promotional literature will often be some way removed from reality. The mismatch - and most notably, the level of inconsistency - can be apparent in all carriers, although my personal view is that it is more common with BA than with most airlines I have used (and I have flown with 84, to date)

4. Keep a sense of balance by remembering that virtually any consumer-orientated business can potentially let you down at one point or another. It’s then a matter of judging whether paying a higher price will help minimise the chances of such failings being a rare occurrence, in contrast to the 50% risk factor that you mention in the report of your recent BA journeys, and which you (understandably) describe as ‘unacceptable’.

Safe travels ..... Bonne chance