FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - first greece trip ... Amanzoe and ??
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:04 pm
uclabruin82

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by david55
Without sounding judgmental because I really am curious... why pick a hotel 30 minutes ( so they say...probably more with traffic ) out of the heart of Athens to stay in the suburbs. What kind of tourist are they trying to market to, who with any real interest in what Athens has to offer, would stay in town. Thanks for any insight.
People I could see staying there:
1) People who just hear "Four Seasons" and "Grand Bretagne" and default to the four seasons (I know a decent amount of people who do no research but just go by the brand)
2) People who have heard from others how awful Athens is (not saying true or not, just that this is a common saying I have heard from people who have gone on holiday in the greek islands) and figure that if it is just 30 minutes away, they can do a day tour of the sights with a guide, but then spend the rest of the time at their hotel
3) People who want to be able to do both the beach and sight see without changing hotels
4) People who come from a place where 30 minutes in the car does not sound like a big deal