FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:54 am
BrightlyBob
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I think you are failing to realize that while newer hotels built in Asia and elsewhere outside N America can often be nicer, they rarely are 5* as you’re pretending here. Yes, newer properties are nicer, and Asia, in particular, has a host of newer full service Sheraton, Westin, Le Meridien, and even Marriott hotels compared with the older builds in N. America—because there simply is more new construction in less expensive Asia. But those are rarely 5* as you’re claiming. Hyperbole doesn’t strengthen your argument, I’m afraid
Perhaps I should have made myself clearer, I’m talking business 5* here, JW Marriott/Intercontinental, not the more luxurious 5* Ritz/St Regis brands and certainly not Four Seasons or Savoy - certainly all the Chinese Marriotts and Renaissance’s I’ve stayed at have been very much up to the standards of Stateside JWs and ICs, but with better lounges - No hyperbole in that