FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Fi: Anyone care to post their experience?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:22 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pinniped
We supposedly have phones in transit, but the require a signature and for reasons unknown to me Google blocked the shipment from being able to be held at a FedEx facility.

If I'd known in advance that they were so restrictive on the shipments (both sig required *and* not willing to allow pickup at the FedEx distribution center), I could have provided an office shipping address that has a receptionist to sign for packages. But none of this was revealed during the purchase process.
Agreed, I also only learned this when I got the "package arriving tomorrow" text and found I could not manage delivery. Luckily I can telecommute pretty freely so I just worked from home on delivery day, but if I'd known I would have had it shipped to work.

Surprised you couldn't get through to Google though, I've found Fi support to be pretty responsive (though not necessarily always super helpful). Which channel(s) did you try, email/call/web chat?