FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:59 am
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by CJKatl
I agree that would have been the better way to go, but am just saying the way they went wasn't out of the blue. Similarly, the excuse for not counting SPG points for LT status has always seemed unnecessarily punitive. Just because all the points cannot be retrieved - and my understanding is those are over fifteen years old - it never made sense they would not count those points which could be retrieved. To tell someone who could show let's say 1m MR points and 1.5m converted SPG points he does not qualify because there may be additional uncounted points seems the better approach.
I have over 2MM MR points and over 2MM SPG points, but I will only have about 700 MR nights. If SPG nights are added, I am well over the 750 night threshold. In spite of what William has stated, there are still quite a few people posting her that don't believe that I will become LTPP. If combined nights and MR only points don't count, converted SPG points have no chance of being used for qualification.

Last edited by rny321; Dec 5, 2018 at 11:09 am