FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:07 am
H2L

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by saint_em
How long is a BA 24 hours?

As per my previous post, last week I cancelled flights booked with a 2 for 1 voucher. On Saturday morning I received an email saying that the Avios and voucher would be returned to my account "within 24 hours". Even discounting the weekend, i.e. had I received the email on Monday morning, it's still been more than 24 hours and no sign of the Avios, voucher, or cash.

I don't mind it taking a week, but don't tell me it'll be 24 hours if that's the case! At what point do I need to pick up the phone?
Honestly, I would pick up the phone now and give a gentle prompt. I had a very similar situation and after around five days the cash refund had been processed but no sign of the Avios or voucher. Left it another 2 days - assuming that it would work itself out - but when I finally called, both were refunded immediately while still on the call. Very helpful and pleasant conversation but I was left with the impression that such IT glitches often happen and that my request was by no means unusual.