FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:59 pm
naumank

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
My concern on this is two-fold:

1. They made that claim about the LT numbers being correct well over a month ago. But then in the last month, a bunch of people found that their Marriott side year totals had been changed (for the better, from all reports). So they were correct, and yet they needed to be corrected? No, Marriott actually changed their minds about their (never published) criteria of what kinds of years counted and what kind of years didn't count. (in my case, Marriott told me that challenge years didn't count, and then a couple weeks later they added a challenge year to my Marriott total.) So I take with a jar of salt any claim from Marriott that "all is correct". (They've said the same "it's correct" garbage about their websites so many times too in the past few months.)

2. The recent "corrections" only happened on the Marriott side. There's a deafening silence on the SPG side, and that's where I fear a ball may yet drop. "Proprietary" is not the same thing as "final"! "Proprietary" simply means they're not explaining it, but it doesn't mean they won't change it. It seems a suspiciously-chosen word to not imply finality to the SPG status years numbers.
Interesting. I had two matched years showing up in SPG as LTP years but they disappeared after I merged the accounts. Now I have 9 years and 720 nights. I have already had 59 nights this year but the extra one LTP year hasn't been added to my total LT years - many say it will happen in January. The IT has totally screwed up the LT year issue.