FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:18 am
SuperFlyBoy

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I’m going with TK for a few reasons:
- While their YQ is quite high, their milegage requirements are quite low. Overall it’s not a bad deal because I’m traveling to eastern EU and it doesn’t cost an arm and leg in YQ as it would say to travel to the US
- For my route ONLY TK has J seats available and they haven’t shared them with any partners. So I have to go through them. I’m unable to get availability through SQ, UA, CA, NH etc.). Also, most EU carriers would anyways charge YQ so that’s that
- I’m really looking forward to visiting the new IST airport and the new CIP (or whatever it’s called) lounges

So in summary, no other choice to fly J but through M&S. YQ total amount not to much, mileage requirements absurdly low & new IST & new CIP!

Also, Citi has a chart for transfering points to partners. TAT for all airlines is 5 days except EY & TH which is 14 days. I’m worried because it’s been more than 5 days. Also, never understood how Citi ThankYou and other programs can transfer miles to airlines (including 9W mind you) instantly or within a day and Citi India takes forever to.
Does TK have online redemption?

"new CIP"??