FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:30 am
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Slightly off-topic, but aren't YQ and taxes on TK pretty high?

Re points transfers from Citi, I've found EY consistently takes the most time. Other programs I've transferred to (BA, DL when it was a transfer partner, CX, SQ) usually happened inside four or five working days.
I’m going with TK for a few reasons:
- While their YQ is quite high, their milegage requirements are quite low. Overall it’s not a bad deal because I’m traveling to eastern EU and it doesn’t cost an arm and leg in YQ as it would say to travel to the US
- For my route ONLY TK has J seats available and they haven’t shared them with any partners. So I have to go through them. I’m unable to get availability through SQ, UA, CA, NH etc.). Also, most EU carriers would anyways charge YQ so that’s that
- I’m really looking forward to visiting the new IST airport and the new CIP (or whatever it’s called) lounges

So in summary, no other choice to fly J but through M&S. YQ total amount not to much, mileage requirements absurdly low & new IST & new CIP!

Also, Citi has a chart for transfering points to partners. TAT for all airlines is 5 days except EY & TH which is 14 days. I’m worried because it’s been more than 5 days. Also, never understood how Citi ThankYou and other programs can transfer miles to airlines (including 9W mind you) instantly or within a day and Citi India takes forever to.