FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High value SPG members: Marriott screwing us on LTPP because they can't do IT
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:03 am
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by KneesCrushed
If you’re a high value SPG member who has 750+ lifetime nights, but not 10 combined years of Platinum status, you’re about to get screwed out of Lifetime Platinum Premier status. And the reason why is that Marriott can’t figure out how to pull the data from SPG’s IT systems.

While Marriott will give Lifetime Platinum Premier status to legacy Marriott members who have achieved 750+ lifetime nights and 2 million points, they are not offering the same opportunity to high value SPG members. This is because, as I just learned after complaining about this, they can’t figure out how to determine the number of points earned for legacy SPG customers.
Even if you had 750 nights and 2MM unconverted MR only points, unless those 750 nights were solely MR nights, it isn't definite that you would become LTPP. After the option to combine nights and years of status for LTPP was added in May, I requested that combined nights and uncombined MR points be allowed as well. I believe it was on June 20, that Lurker William acknowledged that 750 MR+SPG nights and 2MM MR points qualify. Many on FT have objected to allowing this and several have disputed that Williams words mean what he says they do. Not that long ago, one blogger told me that management has said that combined nights won't count unless accompanied by 10 years of status.

As I said before, I have 2MM+ MR only points, 2MM+ SPG only points and 750+ MR+SPG nights and I still don't know what my final LT status will be. If the option to qualify had been extended until next year, I might also have achieved 10 years of Platinum status and 750 MR only nights. Unlike some who are complaining, I respectfully petitioned for an accommodation that was similar to what was already granted and didn't threaten to leave. Hopefully, sometime in January my status will change from LTP to LTPP.

Last edited by rny321; Dec 4, 2018 at 9:19 am