FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:48 am
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I've followed this thread on and off but the LTPP has another benefit for myself and MR.

I traveled a lot until 2013 ish. I earned my stripes at SPG and MR for 20 years. The last five years I have not traveled. i've stayed local to be with my kids. However the older has graduated HS & is in college and the other is a SR and will go away to college next year.

I've notified my work that I can go back on the road. I presume that they will send me back on the road as soon as I give them the green light.
What LTPP will do is keep me at MR. If I lost or did not have LT status, I would look at all the chains and see what would be the best situation for me based on locations, price points, ease of hitting top tier status and the benefits associated with a program.

LTPP has basically said, keep using MR. So I look at LTPP as a bridge from my past heavy business travel to my future heavy business travel.