FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zero to GGL as a leisure traveller
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:26 am
snaxmuppet

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Nothing wrong with the story, but what's the point of BA GGL if you rarely transit LHR for the CCR or fly on those airlines where you get a tier bonus?

There might be a different ffp that is even more lucrative for those flying habits...
You make a valid point but sometimes you want to achieve certain goals even though it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to do them. Take me for instance... I am doing two TP runs next year to get me to get me to BAEC Gold but I may never really benefit from being Gold. I am not a frequent flyer and normally only fly a few times a year when, for the most part, being a gold will not really give me any benefits... certainly nothing worth the money it took to get me there... yet I want to do it! Don't ask me why. Call it a challenge if you like but there you are. I accept all the criticism I get for spending money on something that, for me in my circumstances, seems totally trivial and pointless. I cannot argue against it but sometimes it isn't only about the money. In my case, I wanted to do a cheap RTW run and the good price for OTP-PHX came up so I went for it. My wife thinks I am mad!!!!