FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:24 am
X-ON

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by sdsearch
1. If you already had linked status, and you now have "truly earned" status, that additional status year won't be counted until January (not the 1st, just "early") AFAIK.
2. Linked/matched years are not supposed to count. Some people fear that they will be removed only in January, by which time it will be too late to take any further action.
As far as I know after the calendar year ends any year(s) achieved will be added to the year count.
With respect to that linked year are not supposed to count... It was communicated on this board that this class of years was not to count on the other hand the actual methodology to count and combine the years in the combined program has be deemed proprietary information and will never released to the public, hence they may count for certain accounts (anecdotal evidence of this exists) who knows?. I would be very surprised if any material year count changes, except those related to activity in 2018, would occur in Jan 2019. MAR have made the public stance very clear: LT numbers are correct, system is stable etc. In my ears that means that the vast majority of combined accounts are signed off, i.e. treated as correct, under normal circumstances after almost 4M you would expect this to be the case. For accounts to be augmented at this stage I would expect that the account owner need to raise a ticket and they would make a individual investigation.
The biggest uncertainty in my reasoning is the incompetence at MAR IT with so sub standard execution and management everything is possible but ... let hope they got heir act together ...

Last edited by X-ON; Dec 4, 2018 at 3:32 am