FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timelines, (2017 on)
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:09 pm
nookanaya

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Originally Posted by nookanaya
Has anyone else run into trouble transferring UR points to BA? I don't just mean delays in crediting the Avios, but not being able to transfer them at all. I was not able to transfer from my CSR UR account to my BA account online, and the representative I talked to could not do it either. She opened a ticket with the UR team. Just curious if anyone else has run into this since the CSR changes earlier this year.
Just to follow-up: received a rather unhelpful letter from Chase saying that they can't transfer points to BA as my EC number is invalid. That, of course, is not true. They do mention that the name on the EC account needs to match exactly with the name on the Chase account. I think that is somewhat unreasonable since it's common to use a short name (e.g. Nick/Jon/Sue/Julie) on credit card accounts. I doubt Chase is going to care enough to support that if it is the problem though. I can transfer points to other airline partners just fine, so it's still very BA-specific.