FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone done a transfer from SFO international to domestic?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:53 pm
ShenW

Programs: UA, OZ
Originally Posted by Often1
You use the words "transfer" and "connection" in your post. Are you on one ticket ORD-SIN with a connection at SFO or are there two separate tickets, one from ORD-SFO and a second from ORD-SIN? Presuming one ticket, you have a connection.
1. No need to recheck luggage.
2. No need to reclear security.

Nonetheless, a very tight connection because a delay may mean that you misconnect and that means a 24-hour delay or an inconvenient rerouting, possibly in lousy seats.

If on two tickets, a delay may mean that you no show for your second ticket and, depending on its fare rules, may have to purchase a new ticket or at least pay significant penalties and also deal with a lousy reroute and so on.
Thanks. It is a single ticket with connection at SFO. The domestic and international terminal seems not far away?

It is going to happen in next 2 weeks. Given possible unpredictable winter weather in ORD, I think I better give myself longer connection time.

Meanwhile, on a side note: if it is separate tickets on UA, the ground staff can still check the luggage through right? Just that the consequence of the miss connection will be different?