FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High value SPG members: Marriott screwing us on LTPP because they can't do IT
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:41 pm
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by stant
So I'll have more nights and more spend than (at least some - maybe many) LTPPs even more total years of loyalty, i just wont ever be able to qualify. makes perfect sense.
As a spg gold lifetime member who doesn't have enough years as platinum, but with far more than enough points to qualify if Marriott was looking at spend - what gets me is that Marriott right now is offering ltpp. But only for this first year. Why? Why offer a lifetime perk to a member that may have spent less than me, may have stayed less nights, and then don't give me the opportunity to earn that status myself. I wouldn't complain if they upped the qualifications for ltpp, but to shut me out from earning it is a slap in the face.
I WILL meet the criteria of the program that was opened up in the spirit of 'fairness' then arbitrarily closed for additional admission after a single year cut off time. And remember, I COULD have qualified this year, like the OP, if marriot used the same guidelines as they had for marriot members in terms of nights and points.

So yeah, I dont get it, I didnt meet the rules, so i dont qualify - i just dont understand that. because thats exactly what I and the OP mean. *sarcasm* We arent at all frustrated by the fact that the rules werent written in a way that gave spg members the same opportunities that marriot members had *more sarcasm* because it's not like a bunch of people on the spg side didnt raise holy hell about not getting ANY crack at LTPP, and got marriot to reconsider on the matter. *enough sarcasm* it just so happens that me and the OP are a much smaller pool of members who are getting stiffed by the rules.
you want me to *assume* marriot will take care of me, yet they are locking me out of ltpp. I dont care about soft landings. I care about the next 40 years (I hope! ) of pp status even if I'm not traveling 75+ nights a year anymore - you know, what I should have earned after many years of loyalty more than just 1 or 2 million points earned and literally over 2 years worth of nights stayed butts in bed.
At this time, since I'm close, once i qualify for ltpp I likely will shift my stays away from marriot, so I'll suck it up for now.
I might be misreading your earlier posts, but I was under the impression that your complaint was that you would never be able to earn LTPP. Your last post makes it appear that you have always been able to qualify for LTPP but are still unhappy.

I hadn't tried to use the multi-quote function before, so I thought I would give it a shot. I deleted some of your text to make it easier to follow, which I hope doesn't change the meaning on any of the above posts.