FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels and restaurants in Hobart, Tasmania
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:05 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

Hotels and restaurants in Hobart, Tasmania

There's a lot of love for Saffrire Freycinet in this forum, deservedly so. It's an amazing place. I wanted to get some more value out of traveling so far so decided to bookend our stay with days in Hobart. We arrived too late on day one to justify driving north to Freycinet so decided to start with a night in Hobart. This gave us the opportunity to visit one of Hobart's amazing restaurants and dine at the Agrarian Restaurant enroute to Saffire the following day.

Hobart Hotels:
We will stay at the two properties owned by the same owner of Saffire on this trip.

Islington - This is only only property in Hobart that is a Virtuoso property. I wanted to stay there the first night but they require a two night stay on weekend arrivals - and that includes Sunday night. I love a water view so chose to stay at the harbor on our return for two nights.

MONA Pavilions - adjacent to MONA - I considered it but decided to stay in the heart of Hobart

The Tasman, a Marriott Luxury Collection property, had its opening pushed back to December 2019.

Henry Jones Art Hotel, managed by same company as Saffire, on the harbor, 1/2 block from Macq01, the second Hobart hotel managed by the same company

Macq01

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Dec 3, 2018 at 5:52 pm