FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to Understand Upgrade Availability for AF
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:51 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by brunos
Dear KVS: could you elaborate. I thought that EF updated awards like once a day. But the discrepancy on O awards has been going on for many many days. EF shows O0 C9. Is CS on KVS really identical to O? or doe sit include award for elites (C)
If CS=O, why the difference? POS?
There is no "discrepancy" -- this is by-design:

There are 2 separate types of O/CS Availability: One for FB own members (which only the KVS Tool supports) and one for Partners (which KVS Tool also supports, separately).

Originally Posted by bodory
What do yo mean by dynamic Award/Upgrade availability for FB members? Are you referring to real time (or close) information about awards and upgrades inventory? Or to the dynamic pricing FB uses for awards on AK and KL?
The latter: Only the KVS Tool supports Dynamically-Priced FB Awards (CR/CV/YR/YV), as well as the Extended FB Availability for its own members (as described above).

Unless I am mistaken, there is no dynamic pricing for upgrades with FB ; only for awards. Upgrades remain ruled by the old availability scheme of F, O and A. And these upgrade class codes are also reflecting awards availability for partners.
Therefore I cannot understand why KVS is showing upgrade availability for OP to upgrade from premium economy to the business cabin whereas ExpertFlyer and FB agents say the opposite.
Please see above and also consult the AF/KL/KQ/A5 sections of the KVS Tool User Guide for a detailed listing of these Booking Classes.