FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VS - Bad business seats and config
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:26 am
Flexible preferences

Originally Posted by dougzz
I can step over, but I always worry they'll be a sudden turbulence and I'll end up on the person trying to explain. I accept it's not that difficult for some, but pulling apart the difference between step over and climb over seems a bit over defensive of the situation, and you introduced assault course and barbed wire. For a typical 6'er it's is quite a high leg lift, and not really in the scope of a lot of less able or shorter people, and those in skirts may not wish to anyway. Arguments like this are a bit circular, we both clearly know what's involved, my position remains the same that an aisle where someone 'may' need to disturb you is not a direct access seat in the context of the discussion.
But there is quite a difference in the impression given between 'climb over' and the more accurate 'step over' and I do think it is reasonable to mention that, the barbed wire wall was just an attempt at light-hearted humour (sorry!) . I don't really think your premise that a seat with direct aisle access isn't actually a seat with direct aisle access in the context of this discussion, just because if the neighbour's seat is occupied, and you are reclined, they may occasionally step over your lower legs. C'mon, it still has direct aisle access!