FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VS - Bad business seats and config
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:44 am
dougzz

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Fair point, although I think your emphasis on 'climbing over' is misleading! We are not talking about an assault course here, with a 6 foot wall topped with barbed wire. If the person in the aisle seat is reclined it is for most people just a slightly large step over them. It needn't require waking them either, although I do accept there will be some circumstances where they will be disturbed.
I can step over, but I always worry they'll be a sudden turbulence and I'll end up on the person trying to explain. I accept it's not that difficult for some, but pulling apart the difference between step over and climb over seems a bit over defensive of the situation, and you introduced assault course and barbed wire. For a typical 6'er it's is quite a high leg lift, and not really in the scope of a lot of less able or shorter people, and those in skirts may not wish to anyway. Arguments like this are a bit circular, we both clearly know what's involved, my position remains the same that an aisle where someone 'may' need to disturb you is not a direct access seat in the context of the discussion.