FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High value SPG members: Marriott screwing us on LTPP because they can't do IT
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:46 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I think any SPG member has to take a step back and remember who got sold and who got acquired. I thought it was generous they allowed you to combine your MR account with SPG which bumped up a lot of people. They didn't have to do that.
Agreed. Though they did have to do that to some degree. Still, Marriott bought Starwood, indeed.
​​​
Originally Posted by MGJ2727
Generous? Us SPG members got screwed. You must be a Marriott dweb - you lucked out.

I'm in the same boat. 7 years with SPG and 800+ nights and LOTS of spend annually (more than $25K each year for the past 6). And nothing.

I'll keep with the Marriott/SPG program, but it sucks.
I’m no Marriott “dweeb” and yet I must disagree with you and agree more with @HNLbasedFlyer in this instance. I’ve been SPG Plat100 Ambassador level for going on 7 years now. So I think that makes me a certifiable SPG “dweeb” in your own parlance.

I think Marriott has been most generous with SPG Plats, even though Marriott bought Starwood. Of course, I know SPG and its elites were a part of the equation for Marriott, and still I think Marriott has treated us quite well (aside from the IT fiascoes that mess with everyone). Even after Marriott originally wasn’t going to let SPG Lifetime Plats qualify for the new Lifetime Plat Premier status, Marriott heard the SPG Plat outcry and allowed any SPG Lifetime Plats as well as any Marriott Lifetime Plats, including any who can qualify for either by the end of this calendar year, to therefore qualify for the new Marriott Lifetime Plat Premier status. I don’t know how anyone can think Marriott is treating anyone unfairlly—though I do think it was ill concieved to create that Lifetime status in the first place.

I think many have sour grapes only because this is the only year one can still qualify for Lifetime Plat Premier. I thunk that’s a poor choice by Marriott, but I don’t think it’s unfair to anyone, especially since Marriott is quite generously counting years in both programs towards the new Lifetime status.

I also don’t think anyone is a dweeb aside from my husband. And I love that dweeb a lot!