FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High value SPG members: Marriott screwing us on LTPP because they can't do IT
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:55 pm
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by stant
someone in another thread asked if marriot would give them platinum if a few night error in their year to day night count would make them cross the threshold for 50 nights after they did a mattress run to get the last mile in. I told them that in my experience with spg, if you have a good story, and can show good faith, they will probably give you the status as goodwill even if the nights get clawed back. Other posters with marriot experience said there is no way this would happen. That doesnt give me a lot of faith that marriot will take care of me, especially once I'm no longer spending 1/3rd of the year in their beds...
Whatever MR did or SPG did before isn't necessarily what the company does now. At this point it's not MR or SPG, it's just MPG or whatever the combined program is going to be called.

Marriott did things in the past that might have helped you "if" the practice continued. First, it considered the last three years nights stayed and if the total met a certain threshold, your status continued. For what was Platinum, one needed to average more than 50 nights per year but far less than 75 nights. If the old MR program still existed, I would have enough nights in 2018 alone to qualify for what was Platinum for three years and Gold with a soft landing the following year. I also believe that there was some flexibility when a current Platinum member missed re-qualifying by a small number of nights. but I agree that someone attempting to qualify for the first time probably wouldn't receive the same consideration.

Hopefully, you will find a program that meets your needs.

Last edited by rny321; Dec 2, 2018 at 8:12 pm