FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton co-branded card upgrade/downgrade [Consolidated]
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:26 pm
DaveInLA

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Only if she waits to make the purchases after the Amex website shows her card as Aspire,which may or may not be later today (given that today is a Sunday, and it's after 11 am PT / 2 pm ET as I write this). In my case, I upgraded very early PT (early ET) on Friday morning and it was the evening PT before my card showed as Aspire online.

I've been told by Amex CSRs that purchases before the Amex website shows it as Aspire that may not count.

Of course, the question with any online store is: Do they charge when you make the purchase, or only when they ship it? I don't know it works for Target, Amazon doesn't tend to charge until they ship it for purchases that it ships, but they charge right away for third-party merchants.
I gotta say, you answered my question as well as can be expected. We were wondering why her account didn't show Aspire, since we figured it would be instantaneous. In any case, she upgraded around 6 AM PT and we just noticed it on her profile now (12 hrs later). She made some purchases on Amazon earlier today; 1 purchase has a $1 authorization, the others haven't been billed yet. I hope all these will count.