FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High value SPG members: Marriott screwing us on LTPP because they can't do IT
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:03 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by stant
about half of my stays are in london (and I do 100+ nights a year). I think I'm getting a screaming good deal when I book a room at one of my preferred properties for £220 a night. I just made a week and a half long booking at £375 a night. I try to keep things not much over £400 if I can. That is anywhere from $286 / night at the cheapest rate and the best exchange rate to $720 / night at the top end, with less favorable exchange rates seen in recent times. So I could cross the new spend threshold before even qualifying for platinum.

you want me to *assume* marriot will take care of me, yet they are locking me out of ltpp. I dont care about soft landings. I care about the next 40 years (I hope! ) of pp status even if I'm not traveling 75+ nights a year anymore - you know, what I should have earned after many years of loyalty more than just 1 or 2 million points earned and literally over 2 years worth of nights stayed butts in bed.

someone in another thread asked if marriot would give them platinum if a few night error in their year to day night count would make them cross the threshold for 50 nights after they did a mattress run to get the last mile in. I told them that in my experience with spg, if you have a good story, and can show good faith, they will probably give you the status as goodwill even if the nights get clawed back. Other posters with marriot experience said there is no way this would happen. That doesnt give me a lot of faith that marriot will take care of me, especially once I'm no longer spending 1/3rd of the year in their beds...
If you’re so sore that you won’t qualify for Lifetime Plat Premier/Titanium, then it seems odd that you should be continuing to lament that loss here. Either you’re sore and won’t continue future stays with Marriott in return, or you’re not so sore and will continue staying with Marriott, regardless.

Thou doth protest too much, me’thinks. Commenting here isn’t going to change your status or Marriott’s future approach.

If you want Marriott to reward you with LTPP status for the next 40 years even as you won’t stay 75 nights each year, then I’d say Marriott made the right bet. If you do stay 75 nights each year, you’ll have earned PP status anyway.

Seems to me that Marriott’s choice in this matter was a prudent one.