FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA16 SYD-LHR 2 Dec, delayed overnight
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:18 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PAL62V

Why would they not get compensation, out of interest? I understand it’s not to an eu destination but it’s still an eu operator?
Because SYD-SIN is a flight from Outside the EU to another point outside the EU and so is not covered

If booked on the direct flight SYD-LHR it is a flight on an EU carrer from outside the EU to the EU and so is covered

Originally Posted by DFB_london

most people just want get where they wanted to go at the time scheduled to do so.
Indeed they do - but since the flight is cancelled, those on that flight are not going to be travelling on rhat flight ; some will be eligible to claim benefits under EC261, others will not; those that deliberately chose to change flights in Singapore may well be kicking themselves that since the flight is cancelled, that they have missed out

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
That is a very confident 'under any circumstances' claim. Has there been any case law on whether it applies to a community carrier flight from a third country to a third country when connecting on the same ticket to a member state?
Given how clear the text is to what flights are applicable, I would be surprised if anyone has tried taking to court the situation where a flight that is completely operated outside of the region where the law apples - I would be even more surprised if someone had won such a case

Last edited by Dave Noble; Dec 2, 2018 at 4:24 pm