FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:10 pm
cozysuite

Originally Posted by CJKatl
The decision to create and close LTPP is no different than any other business decision in that regard. Marriott would not be creating and closing the level if they thought keeping it open or not creating it in the first place would be more profitable. If they thought they would make more money keeping it open it would stay open.
Yes. I agree that. That's their marketing decision and nothing to do with our individual wish. I just thought their decision to "create and close LTPP" sounds like showing thanks to retirees (or "customers who were profitable in the past but are likely past their prime spending days" whoever).

While I'm not a person falling in that category now, as 10+ years of SPG PLT, recent years of 100+ nights/year with 4 Mil Points, I will have no chance to be considered as such. As I realise they are not targeting a person like me, I become not interested in the new program and already started using MPG as my backup, 2nd or 3rd choice chain.

Please don't get me wrong I understand the majority has different situation and the profitability would come from another segment. But as far as I'm not welcomed well by the merged program, there is no reason to stick to this hotel chain at least for me I thank them to give a good chance to realise that before it's too late.

Last edited by cozysuite; Dec 2, 2018 at 4:23 pm