FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combining Amex 2-4-1 and Lloyds upgrade vouchers
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:25 pm
notakeenflyer

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Combining Amex 2-4-1 and Lloyds upgrade vouchers

Slightly complex situation that I’ll probably try calling BAEC / Avios about tomorrow, but thought I’d check in with the collective expertise here first 😁

Looking to book LHR-SIN in Club for me, wife and son. We are all in a BAEC household account, Amex voucher is in my account, as is Lloyds upgrade voucher. Plan was to book two of us via BAEC using Amex voucher and another via Avios.com using Lloyds upgrade voucher. All seemed good until a check of small print on Lloyds voucher revealed the cardholder must travel on the booking. Initial thought is I’m SOL, but did think there may still be hope. As Avios.com accounts are closing (mine is also an AerClub account) we are being told that we need to call BAEC to redeem Lloyds vouchers. My question is, should I zero out my Avios.com balance and wait for it to close then try to book all 3 in one booking with both vouchers, call BAEC and see if I can book it all now anyway, or suck it up and buy a load more Avios?