FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basic Economy Fare as of 2017 (also AY, BA, IB), incl. elite benefits (Master thread)
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:32 pm
sirky

Originally Posted by Segments

Re-read the passage you quoted. After 48 hours if you have not slelected seats, the airline will ATTEMPT to seat you together.

It’s hard to imagine a parent would purchase tickets without assuring a toddler is seated with his family.
Thanks for the pleasant welcome! We are not talking about a small amount of money here - the flights I am looking at are quite literally twice as expensive in Main Cabin as Basic Economy - this isn't a question of shelling out $20 more dollars per person. If it was a reasonable price difference I'd do it in a heartbeat so that we could get three seats together guaranteed, but it's well north of $100 a ticket. We wouldn't do this vacation if forced to buy tickets at Main Cabin pricing.

Anyway, my real question was about timing, since like I said the Wiki above mentioned 48 hours before takeoff, but I do believe that they will actually assign seats now 48 hours after purchase (when there should be no chance they are not at least two seats together anywhere). I just want confirmation. Thanks!