FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High value SPG members: Marriott screwing us on LTPP because they can't do IT
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:37 am
stant

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by dayone
To some, it does.
The ones who think it makes sense are irrelevant. The point of a loyalty program is to inspire loyalty. If the loyalty program is ticking off members - especially the most lucrative ones - then there is a problem.

Originally Posted by CPRich
"I didn't meet the criteria, so I don't get it" - yes, seems to make perfect sense.
I WILL meet the criteria of the program that was opened up in the spirit of 'fairness' then arbitrarily closed for additional admission after a single year cut off time. And remember, I COULD have qualified this year, like the OP, if marriot used the same guidelines as they had for marriot members in terms of nights and points.

So yeah, I dont get it, I didnt meet the rules, so i dont qualify - i just dont understand that. because thats exactly what I and the OP mean. *sarcasm* We arent at all frustrated by the fact that the rules werent written in a way that gave spg members the same opportunities that marriot members had *more sarcasm* because it's not like a bunch of people on the spg side didnt raise holy hell about not getting ANY crack at LTPP, and got marriot to reconsider on the matter. *enough sarcasm* it just so happens that me and the OP are a much smaller pool of members who are getting stiffed by the rules.

Last edited by stant; Dec 2, 2018 at 12:49 am