FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Maldives [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:11 pm
worldtraveler3

Originally Posted by bgriff
I can also confirm that after contacting the hotel directly, my points booking has been corrected and now appears more-or-less correctly on SPG.com. (More or less because like in Gunner14's post above, the night-by-night points rates are totally out of line with what I actually paid, while the total number of points does show correctly, so who knows what's happening there.)

So anyone else having this issue should definitely reach out to the hotel to get it sorted out. With the hotel it did not require any fighting at all or even much explanation so in theory it could probably even be sorted out at check-in if needed, but much safer to have the comfort of having the booking cleaned up ahead of time.

I do have one more point of curiosity on this issue though ... during one of my fruitless conversations with Marriott central reservations trying to get this sorted out, they implied that they did not see the opportunity to make a new booking using 80K points/night for the overwater villa. It's entirely possible there just wasn't any more availability for my dates, or the agent was looking in the wrong place or whatever, but there's a chance the 80k/night overwater villa deal may be dead now with the move to the new W booking system ... will be interesting to hear any data points on future bookings.
I called in today and tried to book the overwater villa for Oct of next year. I checked a few weeks ago and they had plenty of availability for that time(using 60K standard villa+20K upgrade). I can't imagine all of them got redeemed that quick ? The agent told me they don't see any availability in terms of points redemption for the overwater villas...so for now I booked the standard 60k redemption for the beach oasis villas and see if they can upgrade after. The agent forwarded my upgrade request to the hotel , so we will see how that goes. I am anxiously waiting as the 80K OWB upgrade is a pretty good deal!

Last edited by worldtraveler3; Dec 1, 2018 at 6:17 pm