FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs for Status & Missing AQM/AQS/AQD
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:35 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Upright
Thanks @flyquiet, @Bohemian1 and @24left for the welcome and the insight. For sure, I'd wished I was paying more attention to gathering AQM earlier in 2018. In the last 60 days I discovered that my employer allows me to book Comfort fare with our policy, which is now giving me 115% AQM. While I'm nearly certain to take a YYZ to YVR MR for E75k status, I'm still intrigued by the idea of going all in for SE. I see there's a YYZ to SIN (via HKG) with the HKG to SIN leg in Singapore Air. If I book the entire itinerary in J-class with AC, what AQM % do I get on Singapore Air?

@Upright

Well yes, this time of the year seems to cause many people to think about MRs and higher status or just making status...... and starting threads . .....which is why I and others here thought this single thread would be more helpful.

I would be careful when looking at routes that include AC and some *A partners, as the connecting flight may NOT always be in J. It's a huge pain and if it's an AC ticket in J on SQ or BR or others, the fare is incredibly high. You might find, for e.g., YYZ-HKG-SIN where the connecting flight is on CX and may cost $5,500 or so, but if you select AC-SQ, and SQ sectors are in J, the cost will be well over $7,000. If SQ is in Y, then $5,000+

Part of this is the lack of "friendship" between *A partners and moreso since AC signed codeshare agreements with CX to offer AC pax connections to BKK (which I've done) and other destinations.

Currently (based on some things I've seen), AC's *A "BFF" ins Asia seems to be OZ. And of course, AC has the new JV with CA but that's another conversation entirely.

As for what you get on Aeroplan from flying SQ, you have to look on Aeroplan at the SQ partner earning chart.