FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Punta Mita, Mexico: Four Seasons or St. Regis
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:21 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
@KristenNix thanks for the comparison summary between the two properties! I’m so glad you had such a great time.

My takeaway from your summary:

(1) Both hotels are truly excellent
(2) Your family preferred the FS partly due to the beach and partly due to the amazing opportunities offered to the kids

Point 2 is precisely why we always have preferred the StR over the FS: more pools and bigger pools, including the very large adults-only pool at the StR offer an escape from kids. Also, the very fact that I do believe the FS is better for families is for us a big plus for the StR.

Unlike this summary, I must say that, having been to both properties in Jan 2018, we found the dining vastly superior at the StR—both in variety of options and the quality of those options. Aramara at the FS was quite underwhelming for us; Spice Market even at at the W Punta Mita was markedly better. Carolina and Mita Mary’s at the StR had no competition or counterparts with any options at the FS in our opinions. Altimira and Las Muriettas at the StR were generally quite as good as their counterparts at the FS. There just were so many more restaurant options that also were largely better at the StR.

The fact that the StR has less than half the room count as the FS only made the gulf seem more substantive to us.