FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:17 pm
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Has anyone used a mobile wallet in-person (such as Apple Pay or Samsung Pay) and had a deal work? I am not referring to any Chase Pay method using a QR code and not NFC/MSD.

My experience with Chase Offers 1.0 was that a mobile wallet purchase that generates a different virtual number did not allow the deal to work. The offers clearly state they are being done through a third-party (they switched to Cardlytics), so it isn't like Chase sees you spend at a participating merchant and gives you the credit. This is true for the BofA deals and others, same implementation.

I should add that I do not recommend anyone try a mobile wallet to get a deal to work, but if you happen to do so out of habit, the results are appreciated.

I saw Walgreens was added for many cards recently, and I have already started seeing varying offers (one offer only gave a 5% option because I used that card before at that merchant while it was 10% on other cards).

Last edited by rasheed; Dec 1, 2018 at 12:23 pm